Saturday, November 19, 2005

Potter Mania

Wonder if it was the ambience, the energy of the crowd, the enthusiasm of not only the kids but a gamut of age groups, but the first day show of harry potter was really impressive. People in the theatre dressed up in cloaks, carrying wands, every other person wearing potter glasses and claps every now and then during the movie, well I am sure it can certainly not be called a mad infatuation of just the kids. Although not a great harry potter fan, I went about an hour before the movie, and to my surprise found just two rows available for sitting, the first and the last rows. Well, actually the last, because my friends had reserved them for me(they arrived an hour and half before the show!!).
In anycase, the movie stood upto my expectations since I did not have much to scale it from the finer aspects, as probably the potter fan club might. I was impressed by the cinematography, and the direction, and ofcourse the story was quite impressive, certainly the best one so far. The irony of the night was that, my roommate Mr.B who had minimal interest in watching the movie and slept over the movie was there with us to watch the first day first show, while an ardent potter fan, totti, was forced to sit back and work on his presentation for his thesis defense next day.

Extremely touched by the analogy given by totti, which was related to my Arsenal Mania, I watched the movie again with him yesterday night, and that was fun too!! I actually observed some finer things which I missed the first time :)

Anyways, its a good movie to watch, I suggest all you guyz to check it out. As of now registering myself with the potter fan club.

6 Comments:

Blogger Casablanca said...

Not a big fan of Potter, me. Watched the first movie and fell asleep during the second. Maybe it was jetlag... well.

Watched Proof today though... Anthony Hopkins latest. Good movie. But maybe PhD students like you shouldnt watch it ;)

7:13 AM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

I hate Hari Puttar , but even I went 45 minutes early to the theatre to catch a good seat....the movie was good though....

10:41 AM  
Blogger Rajesh said...

i agree movie was awesome abd but scary too..but the sad part was i spent most of the time relating the book and the movie...damn:(

10:41 AM  
Blogger totti said...

*ahem* i would like to take this opp to thank sus for obliging to come with us to watch harry potter.Some parts didnt correlate with the book but it was definately a very good movie.I want to watch it again :P

11:55 AM  
Blogger Susu said...

@Casa: I am sure it was your jetlag... and how many Phd students do you know to make a stupid claim:-p

@pointy: hmm... me too never liked the concept of such a big fan following for hari potter.. but always liked the movies

@raj: yeah!! that happened witha couple of people around me, and such people discussed big time after the ovie about what more could have been included... I surely thought that the world cup could have been shown better...

@totti: No problemo buddy, I enjoyed the movie:)

BTW, all the women seem to likeharry's frined Ron a lot.. some american women sitting next to me were going crazy whenever Ron used to speak... Hmm... so I guess you can either be stupid or single:-p

11:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yay!! goodie good. you saw harry potter. :) read the books too. they are addictive

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home