Tuesday, November 08, 2005

TV serials

Completely enjoying every second of South Park's new season, I just wanted to look back on the gamut of TV serials I have watched over ages. As far as my memories go, I think the first ever serial I remember watching was something on DD1 called, Buniyad , was probably about some family story , but just do not remember anything about it. I was always into watching cartoons and enjoyed all the supermans and spidermans... DD2 was something that probably revolutionized the viewrship, and got people exposed a bit more to media. I used to love the comedy series and the countdown shows, the later I still ike to watch, but tried watching some of the comedy serials that I used to love... I was surprised to find them no funny at all.. wonder why... Anyways, then was the cable invasion and the world of soaps. I hate to say this but I was a big soaps fan and infact have followed a couple all the way till the point when I started hating that series. I have seen many people complaining about them but i always believe that if anyone starts watching them, it just sucks u into watching them and that's the whole trade all about. I think at Ekta Kapoor makes what sells. All the crap about the soaps affecting the society never caught upon me. Back in chennai during my undergrad I stopped watching even news chanels, I just remember watching ESPN/STAR sports. I ocasionaly watched some wonderful quiz shows on BBC especially when my friends used ot appear on them, but predominantly sports network.
Talking, present, I am back to appreciating cartoons:-p. The ones I really love watching are actually more of spoofs, gross and full of sarcasm. Standups, and regular comedy series' have also joined my list only after coming to the US. In fact I never really watched a lot of f.r.i.e.n.d.s, back in India. Its only after coming here and watching it for a million times that my dialoges are often plagiarized from it. ANyways, enough of crap I guess.. but the fact remain.. for now, South Park .. top of my charts:) Totti, lets get some DVDs this weekend maan:-p

7 Comments:

Blogger Casablanca said...

My fav american comedy is definitely Scrubs. You must watch it, its awesome!

As for the soaps sucking you in, I couldnt agree more. I used to hate the ads for Desperate Housewives, but now I watch it regularly ;)

9:46 PM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

SP rocks :)

5:37 PM  
Blogger totti said...

Goddamm it! i simply love cartman and stewie. We will get something soon da! i was actually pained by the last time we got dvd.very few episodes.i will pick something from schlow.The thing is i have 20 bucks fine at schlow.May be i will put that in common pool? :p

5:44 PM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

.....SP gets a little grosse at times....thats why i like Family Guy..and I also like Ekta's productions..hot kuttis

9:03 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Hot????? In the K serials????
You wont believe it, but at desi party here last night, we saw Ekta Kapoor and lots of the saas-bahu cast. And trust me, NONE of them were good looking!

11:06 PM  
Blogger Rajesh said...

whats the latest southpark season u have..I got jus nine seasons with me!!! yet to watch 8 & 9 man!!! but friends really rocked our life in madras after friends i saw scrubs and its kinda of cool!!!

11:57 PM  
Blogger Susu said...

@casa: Never watched, at Aisle 5 we still have TBS followed by Comedy Central Played in the evening on weekdays... Desperate Housewives, watched it a couple of times...

@Rohan: "aaasome..." tuesday there is some interview with their makers.. I will prolly watch that.. looks like it takes them just a week to make one episode and any changes they wanna make can be made even a daybefore they launch it...

@totti: And prolly now you realize that you shud not trust absen mineded people working for deadlines to return your buks.... yours truly

@bointy: Prolly pointy just wanted to have something with "K"... but well to be frank.. I second you doode :)

@casa: Oh interesting...

@rajesh: Peace... I am nopt sure about the number of the season, but I am sure you wont have it as I know that the episodes are still in the making.. its got things on katrina and rita and all other issues in this world.. global warming:(

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home