Friday, October 14, 2005

How I felt when it rained !!

As a kid in Delhi, rainy days used to wonderful. A group of us tiny toddlers use to hang out and take shower in the rain, irrespective of sexes :-p, and wet, we arrived aback into our houses, to hear the pleasent scoldings from mommy. My school till grade 5 was not the best ones... and we used to infact get off some days due to excesssive rain water stagnation in school and that is when we, as kids, used to thank lord Indra for his divine powers of shutting down schools.

But then slowly, it became PITA, when I changed schools, and I had to run for the bus on a rainy day. Sloshy roads conveniently helped me getting myself extremely dirty before getting to school, and I used to be quite pissed about that. However during, grade 11th and 12th, nothing really mattered to me much, since, all I really cared about was my scores at the JEE test series, I doubt if it rained, even if it did, I do not really remember.

Rainy days in IITM used to be good fun. We had this wonderful field behind our hostel, Sangam , which transformed into a pool, all set and inviting us for some cool water sports. Well, us innovative IITians, took up that enticing challenge, and invented this game called, Water Rugby . Inspite of the recurring casualities each time we played the sport, we used to get a turn out for the game sufficient enuf to form three teams of 11 each for that sport. So, those days were not really very bad.

Well, now cutting it right here, I come to the the present day scenario, when I despise rain as terribly as never before. First, it creates an extremely dull mood, as if calling me to sleep all the time. Second, keeps me away from one other religion of mine than hinduism, namely, SOCCER. Although no to take at all away from it, it does wash my car, though creates a higher probability of an accident or skid.

As, I look over the few paragraphs above, I find my likes and dislikes for the rain so completely cyclic. That gives me a ray of hope that I would love it sometime, hopefully in near future, walking and getting drenched in rain with somone besides me who absolutely loves doing so :-p. Signing off on a dull rainy day from Pennsylvania :(.........

6 Comments:

Blogger totti said...

Hinduism is not a religion! You are welcome to join cricket;unlike soccer sissies we don't stop playing when it showers :p

12:54 PM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

I love the overcast weather before and after rains..mitthi ki bhinni bhinni sugandh ...

But if u hate rains so much....move to LA...here it rains less than Madras :), ppl just steal water of the Colorado river...

@Totti....AOL freak...tell me one time when u played cricket in showers...

2:00 PM  
Blogger Susu said...

@totti: In barave world of yours... for once you tried acting brave(or stupid :-P) by playing cricket on weet surface.. result...
"Please keep my first Aid kit back in my room"

@Point: SCE doesnt give and opportunity to even smell that.. it rains all the time.. and then it snows.... But as I wrote I am waiting for the next phase of my life.. when I start to like rains.. hope its pretty soon...

12:55 PM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

Its been raining continuously for 2 days in LA...lots accidents happening on the Freeway....I am psyched man !!1

7:13 AM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

'That gives me a ray of hope that I would love it sometime, hopefully in near future, walking and getting drenched in rain with somone besides me who absolutely loves doing so'
If the 'irrespective of sexes' sttement still holds true Totti would be a good fit ;)

7:54 AM  
Blogger Susu said...

@point5: Doode.. especially with a rear-wheel drive.. sad story:(

@rohan: well, under current circumstances, your surmise might just be true someday:(

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home