Friday, September 02, 2005

A toast to Stanford Junta

As I look down from the eighth floor of one of the high rises on Stanford campus, my residence for last three months, a sense of nostaliga creeps in. I remembered driving around the whole of escondido village for almost and hour and not being able to locate Blackwelder(place I live), and still wonder where was I lost? First few days, frankly, I thought I was in a very wrong place, when I found most people around me to be the pseudo desis. But, dont know if changed them or if I changed, I probably had the best ever time of my life over last 2 months. A couple of more days and I will be back to the phase of life which is probably what had been the only thing that I was craving for over my internship period, THE GRAD LIFE. But, I am sure I am going to miss this place a lot, once I get back to penn state. So, on this day I thought that, may be I should write a small toast about most of the junta whom I met here, and if I missed someone, please do not mind!!

To begin with, I should talk about my wonderful host at stanford, Mama, the ultimate paradox of the world, impersonification of the word Irony. Mama, whatever junta feel about you, no party or group is fun without junta paining you, or your crappy PJs, which on many occasions have forced me to retire to bed:(. Coming to Sachin, Machaan!! you've been a super fun room mate, a suberb cook (quite an innovative one, I must admit!!) and a wondeful company for soccer. I would never forget your screams, trying to mimic 'the priest', or our occasional cacophonies on flute and keyboard which caught the attention of everybody in the hall (on all the occasions just the two of us:)). Well I just hope that you don't die of a brian tumor for well known reasons:). And then there was piyush: My crib partner!!! doode I have never seen anyone whose thinking, habits etc are more similar to mine, except that I was never even close to getting the GGM. Our exact same feeling about work, life, women, and the orders in subway:)), will surely take me some time to forget. Well in any case, I am sure I revived the dormant Tam in you sufficiently enough, that you continue this indignation for some time to come now. Then was my first roomie, Marwah, Doode!! you still have a pending comeback. Mr.Gullible, for my minimal hoodwinking talents I used to get enormous amount of confidence moving around with a person like you. Well anyways, if not for you, I am sure we could have ever planned any of our fun-trips. One of the most enthusiastic people I have ever met and if not for lazy people like me around you, you would have had probably every day of your life over last three months. You are just too nice a person, and I will always remember Sachin saying, "Marwah, agar tu ladki hote, to maein tujhse shaadi kar leta". Not to miss out on Roon, Archan, Suhas, Aditya and all other junta in that gumbal, had a wonderful time with you guyz, and ofcourse not missing out on the ladies, Mamta, Neha and Adi, you certainly are one of the coolest group of women I have met. Before concluding, I would also like to admit that there was one person who really helped me improvising on the threshold of my patience levels, thanks to u too:).

So in all thanks to all stan junta whom I have been around with for the last couple of months, for giving me such an amazing time, and wish you all a fun filled grad life:)

Watch out for upcoming posts on Work Exp at Intel!!! and my road trip cross country :)) might be away from blogging till next weekend as I will be on the roads driving!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Point 5 said...

as u leave SF, u shld probably sing
"Kevvi ritte jaise"....

...u r leaving SF after living there for 2 MONTHS and u feel bad....just imagine how it feels to leave State College after 2 years

7:36 AM  
Blogger totti said...

yeah. You left SCE and never thought about your room mates. You are in for some very strong bashing when you get back here. Only a thug treat can save you.

Pointy.. how come you did'nt blog abt leaving sce? all you mentioned was how great CAL was!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

http://point5.blogspot.com/2005/06/road-trip-day-1-leaving-sc.html

..take this Totti....u have also left comment on it :(

12:12 PM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

'I would also like to admit that there was one person who really helped me improvising on the threshold of my patience levels, thanks to u too:)' Totti had a similar experience with someone he was putting up with during his last months at Nittany mebbe u shud hear it from the horse's mouth

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home