Thursday, August 25, 2005

Phir bhi dil hai hindustani?

Ok! I am sure the only person who is really gonna be supportive of this post is Totti. But, still I am willing to take any stinkers from people. Probably the opportune moment to write this article, when I am going to pick up an ardent tam movie fan, Mr.Matter from the airport this evening. This comes to my mind every now and then, about the movie choice of desis. I as a great fan of almost all the desi movies feel really hurt when I see people cribbing about desi movies in front of non-desis. Actually as a non-daring person, who is scared to raise his thoughts in public, I thought this is really the place to express it all. But, probably its a wise decision on my part to really let it go on most occasions, especially when someone really important is on the other end. Actually, the fire was really kindled when "Mr.Important" started cribbing about Rajnikanth, on being asked about the superstar by a curious Chinese friend of mine. There was this press article in google about the upcoming movie, Shivaji, for which our superstar was getting paid a exorbittantly huge sum of muny. The curious Chinese questioned the quality of the Superstar, a forgivable crime due to ignorance. But, how can you forgive a pseudo tam who on the third occasion now, disgraced the ultimate, by cribbing about some of the classics from the Superstar.

Shouldn't people have atleast the sense of not letting down the country's image in front of foriegners. Well, anyways, it holds true with many other people who sit and watch SRK movies and make fuss about them after thoroughly enjoying the movie. Infact its happened on many occasions now that people talk crap about SRK movies like Main hoon na, even DDLJ, and I had to stand alone in defence of the movies. Well, on the contrary I do agree the Salman khan's laughs make me cry and his cries make me laugh, but I guess we need someone like that to make us really appreciate and distinguish between movies and to keep up the constant rate of movie production. Well, as a great admirer of desi movies, I sign off willing to fight any profound comments from my friends on this honest confession. I wish people could really come forward and take this as an opportunity to confess their true liking for desi movies, and join the coup.

Probably too much outrage on my part, but blame Mr.Important.

6 Comments:

Blogger totti said...

Yeah.Buddy. I am with you. We shud pull up a list of suspects and start hanging them.I recommend pointy and shiva. We may hang balls also, just for the heck of it.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

A lot of times I have joined my Amro friends in making fun of Hindi/Tam movies. But then I also justify that the movies are created for a different kind of audience belonging to a different kind of culture....and something which appealing to a particular might actually be funny to the other. I am sure people complain and make fun of a lot of English movies too.....

Having said that, we should stop unjustified criticism and prevent things being portrayed in bad light...

Totti, I didn't know Shiva & Balls were Desist !!!

10:42 AM  
Blogger totti said...

No, they are not.we wiil just hang them as part of an experiment.:)

12:23 PM  
Blogger Susu said...

machaan... for balls... lets plan on setting the basement to fire thing...

point: Gud to see u talking sense.. hmm...

3:19 PM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

Nice post I so totally agree with u, as far as talking bollywood to the Amru juntas I make sure I give them a taste of what to expect before discussing the movies. I make it a point to never ridicuile movies made form india even though I might be partial in recommending movies to them so that they r to their taste say like a Lagaan or Swades as compared to Main Hoon Na or Devdas.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Susu said...

@Rohan: Well true about the way we should relaly project desi movies.. I still remmeber Aish in her talk shows on amroo TV doing a wonderfully good job on that

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home