Monday, September 12, 2005

Phobias or Philes

Lost in thought, left in my limbo at work, two days away from leaving california, I was browsing through a couple of websites for places that I could visit while driving back to PA. Couple of activities looked familiar, but some things like, bungee jumping, mountain biking, were alien grounds, which made me give a thought about my 'phobias' and 'philes'. The big question is "have I really explored the gamut of activities around this planet to realize what I am afraid of and what not?" Say, for instance, unless you sail you dont really realize if you are sea-sick, especially listening to experiences of some of my friends discovering that they were sea-sick, I thrive to do that soon. On the other hand, I really do not know if I really have a quench for physically challlenging, activities as I really have very few on my list so far. I think as a grad student I should really be getting into as many new things as possible, since I realize that once you get into a job you really dont have much time for pursuing the uncommon activities.

The above was something that I wanted to write but could not finish before my Road trip. Having enjoyed tons of activities over my cross country trip I have been successful in figuring out a couple of things I totally love to do. Yet to find many things I am really scared of.. well I was quite petrified on the campground with a bear prowling around for some food...other than that good(probably bad for couple of people) news, I reached PA alive successfully after 7 days of driving:))

5 Comments:

Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

welcome bac to 16801 :)

9:03 AM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

nope thats 16803....Rohan

kevvi ritte jaise..Susu

11:31 AM  
Blogger Susu said...

not great dudes... got a fractured wrist.. cant type much:((

1:10 PM  
Blogger totti said...

Where is my india? :(((( ...update: Susu in straps.

3:14 PM  
Blogger David said...

Yeah I would have been nervous about that bear too. It reminds me of a faces of death where a young man on his honey moon sees a bear outside and says "Hey hun, take movie of me feeding the bear" duh, the bear ripped his head off.

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home