Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Decision making

Many a times you are in a soup while asked to make some critical decisions. One such situation of dilemma which I think every graduate student gets into is about waking up early in the morning.
Such an analysis if performed independant of constraining factors like, deadlines, meeting with advisor etc... can really turn out to be an interesting one. Especially in cases like when you have to make the decision to get out of the bed to attend a boring class or take up the challenge of dragging your a@@ out of your comforter to start your day for the good of humanity (that is if your research is any good at all :-p). Such catch22 situations are the ones that test your determination in life and probably your control over your senses. It probably also reflects the degree of regularity in your life. Well, all that said, I tend to think of all the possible reasons under my comforter to miss even the most important of the meetings of mine, and have so far managed to get away with those. The only time I had real trouble since the begining of my graduate life was over my internship at Intel, where I had to wake up at 8:00 amd every day and that's probably the reason why I love grad school much more than work life. Hope each one of us grad students suffer with such an syndromme of irregular life and are enjoying it at its best. I know many of my CSE freinds who are the classic examples of the so called irregularity :))

5 Comments:

Blogger Point 5 said...

When I started getting up at 5:30 am for work, I thought its just a matter of time and I will get used to this lifestyle....

...4 months have passed by and things have only got worse....there is nothing like going to grad school and getting up late....enjoy it while it lasts....

9:58 PM  
Blogger totti said...

yeah!! grad school kicks asss!

7:45 PM  
Blogger Susu said...

@point: you still can apply for phd at PSU.. deadline are quite far away... I can ask subbu to recommend u to mech dept here...

@totti: Absolutely maan....

8:39 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Oh I miss university life for that particular reason!! Why cant office start at 11am and go on till 8pm? Who does anything productive from 6 to 8pm anyway...

6:29 PM  
Blogger Susu said...

@casa: in particular, who ever works between 2pm - 4pm. I could never, even at work, I just kept staring at my computer screen untill my manager knocked on my cabin:-p

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home