Sunday, November 20, 2005

Ghulam Revisited

Never believed in something that happened at the ending of the movie, Ghulam , but could correlate so much to the movie yesterday on the badminton court. With absolutely zero energy left in me, I was contesting in a match for the third position against an seemingly arrogant chinese. It was quite an unusual day for me, I was playing after quite sometime, for the first time a singles tournament, and with totally different kind of shuttles. It was a corwd of nerly forty guys to beginn with, and I strategically entered into a easier draw. But in anycase, I somehow dragged myself to the semis, and by that time I barely had any more energy to be burnt out in my body. But with acouple of protien bars and lotsa gatorade I was able to stay thoroughout the game and lose :(.

But now was the match of my life, I was playing a chinese for the third position. My muscles were giving up and the guy was cruising to a victory in the first set. I had already gotten into a defeatist mode, and thought I will just accept defeat without playing the second set. Mr.Opponent was leadin, 14-1, but, just then he made a snide remark to his friend, "I wish I was playing a better player for the third position" , which kinda got me furious. I took a short break, pulled all my spirit back, gulped a bottle of gatorade, and fought back. I lost that set 15-10. Followed by winning the next on 15-4. I was no more tired, and felt that I could beat him very peacefully. Leading 7-1 in the third set, lady luck bade a goodby. I fell down trying to pick up a drop, and sprained my calf muscles. That was the enfd of the day, infact, I realize today, that its the end of atleast close to a week of physical activity for me. My opponent, I thought went ahead and claimed the third prize, but later realized that he was courteous enough to share it with me. (10$/2= 5$ each:-p and a T-shirt:)).

Anyways it was a wonderful experience... and a wonderful end to a day when the Nittany lions crushed Michigan to win the conference... rather shared the win with OSU .. like I shared the third prize:)

5 Comments:

Blogger Casablanca said...

So sledging actually became motivation? Interesting...

Take care... hope your sprain cures quick.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

Congrats man, I thought you guys would be doing better though with Ajay no longer around ;)

9:09 AM  
Blogger totti said...

Way to go sus! i will join you guys for baddy from now on.You have inspired me to take on the game.I will take subbu's raquet..he shud be busy for sometime now.december would be ideal to learn something cool.Flute and baddy!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

Sprained ur leg ? Hope this doesnt hinder our booze party.....

10:29 PM  
Blogger Susu said...

@cassa: Yeah it did...
@rohan: So ajay played baddy too.. hmm..
@totti: Welcome to the club
@pointy: Hope u had gud fun at SCE...

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home