Monday, July 16, 2007

Smug* Alert!!!!

Standing at Starbucks, I have always gazed at some of the greatest Smugs ordering their drink to absolute precision. "One large iced caramel machitato with whipped cream and honey on skimmed milk.. (wink wink)", would be one of those shorter ones which I vaguely remember. I considered that to be the smug peak until ofcourse I met a few friends of mine whom I found lost the abyss of smug clouds all around them. However, my smug expectation threshold was demolished yesterday when I read this!!! "Bottled water in NYC for 55$"
Apparently, a bottled water chain is becoming popular in NYC, which sells pure flovoured water in 80 different flavors. The most expensive ones are as close to 55$ for a 20oz bottle. You may order stuff like "A 20oz extra oxygenated 0.2% clorinated himalyan water", which would keep you fresh all day long, WOW!!!!! A look back into my past I was remebering the kinda water I have been having all life... started with Yamuna water on my tap in delhi, cat licked mess water in hostel mess, well water on soccer fileds, occasional non-branded bottled water... sure misfit in this country... un fking believable. I bow to the SMUGs!!! "The corporate world so fking needs you SMUGS.... THANKS... (one eye closed)"{ref: SP} I thought SFO was leading in smug cloud density, but thumbs up!! NYC...

Me back into writing business... thesis and blogs(given that its 10th anniversary of blogging http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118436667045766268.html)

*Smug, verb, : contentedly confident of one's ability, superiority, or correctness; complacent (dictionary.com)

*Smug, verb : smelling your own farts (allsp.com)

examples from real world: George clooney, Brad Pitt, a few desis at/from PSU(you may feel free to enlist a few at PSU for smug ignorant ppl's reference)

4 Comments:

Blogger totti said...

dude..it shud be both eyes closed ;) i thought u were a fan :p

1:22 PM  
Blogger DiVa said...

Hey i think I am a smug :-( cacnt help it!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

Bottle water in developing countries is the biggest scandal ever, given that regulations on tap water are as stringent as the bottle water itself....I still remember the days when I used to drink of broken pipelines near our school cricketground

6:23 PM  
Blogger Susu said...

@totti: oops sorry sorry.. damn how cud I!!!

@diva: do some more introspection and look around u will find smugger ppl:-p

@pointy: seriously.. I remember in munich I was looking around for fountains and just never could pursuade myslef to buy a bottle of water for 3euros, and my cabbie told me to drink tap water in my hotel wash basin which supposed to be as clean as any botteld water brand due to all the regulations u mentioned..:-p remember the water tank at the end of IITM soccer field:-p

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home